Friday, July 17, 2009

Quality Center and Vista

My laptop was recently updated with the latest corporate image. The OS is Vista. For all the fancy graphics came with a price.

As a consultant working on enterprisy projects, HP's Quality Center was inevitably part of the mix. The URL no longer works for me!

Well, it took some serious Googling and investigation to find out what the problem actually is. I guess the problem stems from the new security feature which all process are no longer run as "Admin", the the ActiveX controls in QC requires "Admin" access.

To get around this, I download the standalone QC Explorer and make sure I ran it as an "administrator". Voila, back in business.

The URL for QCExplorer is at http://updates.merc-int.com/qualitycenter/qc90/others/qcexplorer/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment